KEY DIRECTIONS FROM THE EDITOR:
- LIGHT & SPACE- the first sunshine, the first day trips, the first morning light. There is already a yearning for white and summery materials to shake off the winter. Fluidity, transparency, elaborate simplicity. A return of the roaring 20's the decade of industrial and mechanical progress, of a carefree attitude as well as artistic and technical innovation.
- WARMTH & SEDUCTION - The MENA Region, a touch of Orientalism, a need to take a fresh look at this culture, from its traditions to the most cutting edge modernity. The colours, the textures, the arts & crafts and the shapes are important. Keep an eye on the artistic creativity of these middle eastern countries promoting peace through art.
- PLANT LIFE, AIR AND WATER IN THE CITY - The need for greenery continues. Plants, flowers, oxygen and purity. Making utopias into reality; a heartfelt evolution towards something better.
- DISRUPTION- A new way of mixing up colours in patterns and silhouettes, influenced by the design world but more specifically by furniture and industrial designers. A rigorous, minimal and contemporary attitude is key.
- POLYCHROME PASTELS is KEY- Yet more pastels, but these are wonderfully soft and milky combined with accents of bright colours. Coming from afar with Indian and Asian influences although the exact source remains a mystery.
- INTENSITY- A sporty attitude with "TBT " to the 80's & '90's. Large fields of graphic colour blocks making it simple, peppy and dynamic. Attractive primary colours or flashier shades dipped in blue or emerald.
WE HAVE DEVELOPED 6 THEMES FOR THE SS 2020 SEASON:
- FIRST SUN- The first sun that embraces us with light and energy. A large pale yet luminous circle that warms our soul through hues of yellow rays.
- CROSSROAD - The Metropolises of the Middle-East where 2 worlds meet, live and collide. Contrast between tradition and modernity, playing with shadows and light, terracotta hues and powdery consistencies.
- OPENING - Opening the doors to an accumulation of different colours inspired by architecture and design. We are learning to accept that a strange mix and match will be part of our daily lives.
- GREEN RIVER - Our desire to be close to nature is influencing our lifestyle. In search for lightness, transparency and freshness, shades of purple and green are key in creating an ethereal surrounding.
- PARADISE EXPRESS - An imaginary voyage on the " Paradise Express" through a jungle of pastels and acid tones, to the dreamlike luxury of far away, then back to today's modern reality.
- EXOTIC & EXOTIC RESORT - Some see it blue others see it green. The turquoise hues oscillates between both of these colours resembling, on the hand, the clear waters of the southern sea and on the other, the wild waters of the blue oceans. We cannot stay without the vibrant tones to energise our body & mind.
Published 2 /year: January & July
Target: colour & concept
Foresight: 18 months
Country of origin: Milano, Italy